Friday, November 03, 2006

IT'S MY PARTY, TOO!

Dear Friends,

Last week I met with Governor Christine Todd Whitman, the founder and Chair of the national political organization, "It's My Party Too." We had a lengthy and substantive discussion about public policy and the upcoming election.

I am pleased to announce that yesterday I received the endorsement of Governor Whitman and "It's My Party Too"--making me one of only nine candidates for office from California supported by the organization.

It is a tremendous honor for me to be placed on this short list, along with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Secretary of State Bruce McPherson, U.S. Representatives Mary Bono and David Dreier, Steve Poizner, and three candidates for the State legislature.

My admiration for Governor Whitman could not be greater. A lifelong and loyal Republican, and a leader of the party's moderate wing, she served in the Bush cabinet as the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from January 2001 to May 2003. Prior to that, she was the first female elected governor of New Jersey, serving two terms from 1993 to 2000.

Governor Whitman created "It's My Party Too" and its associated IMP-PAC to advocate for the historic Republican principles of liberty, individual responsibility, and personal freedom. I share her vision of a Republican Party that is unified by the basic tenets of fiscal responsibility and personal freedom, yet one that allows for diverse opinions on social issues by its members. IMP-PAC members consider themselves True Conservative Republicans: those who believe in smart fiscal values; who believe that government should have a limited role in Americans' personal lives; and who believe in a strong national defense.

As a Member of Congress, I will be able to greatly expand my efforts to help Governor Whitman continue highlighting the real and non-partisan national perspectives shared by most Americans.

Please help me to win this race...  Your generous contribution will directly benefit our efforts in these final days before the November 7th election.

Thank you for your support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home